Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Fruit, Flowers and Ornamentals (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Please I.D. This Flower (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=40918)

Deborah April 27, 2016 11:35 PM

Please I.D. This Flower

There's an outdoor plant at work that looks like an iris but the flowers are white and tubular shaped like the flowers of a trumpet vine. No fragrance. Anyone know what it is?

AlittleSalt April 28, 2016 12:03 AM

Deborah, can you take a picture of it tomorrow? I can think of several flowers that are white and look somewhat like a trumpet vine. If it blooms later in the day - it may be a moonflower.

Deborah April 28, 2016 11:15 AM

The plant/leaves look exactly like an iris. I thought it might be a tuberose but there's no fragrance at all.

dmforcier April 28, 2016 11:33 AM

Native orchid?

Really need a picture.

Deborah April 28, 2016 03:17 PM

I'm shall we say... tech challenged. If somebody will explain AGAIN how to post pictures from a cell phone I'll give it a try.

dmforcier April 28, 2016 05:48 PM

Hee hee. I'm not exactly technically challenged, but I don't have a smart phone.

[SIZE=1]By choice, I might add.[/SIZE]

luigiwu April 28, 2016 06:04 PM

not a Calla Lily, right?

Deborah April 28, 2016 06:45 PM

No, not a calla lily. The flowers are pure bright white, shaped like the flowers of a trumpet vine but bigger. This is driving me crazy! I can take a picture and take my phone to the garden center, but I thought I'd ask here first. I can't pick a flower because the plant is in the yard of the lady I take care of. (I'm a caregiver)

Labradors2 April 28, 2016 07:00 PM

Sounds like a white penstemon, but the leaves are wrong.

Deborah April 28, 2016 07:11 PM

Hang on, I'll Google.

Cole_Robbie April 28, 2016 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=Deborah;555626]I'm shall we say... tech challenged. If somebody will explain AGAIN how to post pictures from a cell phone I'll give it a try.[/QUOTE]

I am yet to get a smart phone. With my old phone, I send the pic as a text message, but enter my email address instead of a phone number.

Deborah April 28, 2016 07:31 PM

Google-nothing even close. I called my favorite garden center and they didn't know either but suggested bringing them a picture. Since I'll be there Saturday to buy fuchsias I hope they can identify this plant so I can get some sleep!

Deborah April 28, 2016 07:33 PM

By the way, imagine a daylily, leaves, budding stems and all BUT white tubular flowers bigger than a trumpet vine flower.

Starlight April 28, 2016 08:17 PM

Are the flowers individual or on a raceme that opens up one at a time?

No cell phone here so can't help with the pic part.

I had thought Penstemon too. What about Foxglove?

Deborah April 28, 2016 09:11 PM

No, everything about the plant is EXACTLY like a daylily but with white tubular flowers.