View Single Post
Old April 6, 2006   #28
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I did call my Postmaster this AM as I said I would, and she said that to her knowledge I was correct in saying that only the 5 zip codes that service the Govermenment Offices in DC used irradiation.

I also asked her if she was aware of any new machines that have been installed in any of the larger processing centers that were perhaps narrower than in previous years and she said that no USPS info she had received had mentioned anything like that.

I explained to her the problem with seeds and I also told her that I'd been sending seeds to many states within the US and also to many countries since about 1991 and had never once had anyone say the seeds had been damaged in any way.

And have I heard that from any of you here? As regards my seeds? I'm not sure.

But I ask myself why this issue has been raised now, and not in previous years in the manner it's now being raised, meaning that sure, mailing seeds has been discussed before, but not as strongly as I see here now.

Anyway, she told me that if I wished to go to the USPS Home page and look for a contact that I could confirm for myself what she had shared with me, and I may do that.