View Single Post
Old June 3, 2008   #49
GIZZARDFARM
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Kelley ill give your method a whirl also...my squash are full of blooms and have began to set fruit, the cucumbers are starting to run, and the maters are looking strong (all but 1 who a little puny) Im gonna replace her with a standby today. I put out several new to me varities this year in my garden and have been impressed with the strong healthy plants. I put out my heirlooms and old standbys but added some goliath, parks whoppers, and pink girls which are all doing great and have set fruit. in fact they have set fruit and my old standbys havent yet( celeberty and Betterboys) I have learned alot through this web site..not bad for a guy who thought he knew knew everything about growing a garden. ha ha....Ive however noticed the following yall see if this is normal..all varities are strong and healthy but my cherokee purples, black cherry and Aunt Ginnys purple seem to be lagging behind. Is this normal I also noticed that they were behind when i germinated them. My seeds came from several sources so I know its not the seed, maybe thes kinds dont jump up like KBX,Boxcar Willie and Brandywine...Oh well they are healthy and cant wait to eat em up....Gizzard
GIZZARDFARM is offline   Reply With Quote