View Single Post
Old April 9, 2006   #7
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

It's been quite a while since we bought the stock fence panels, as I scrounged them from my corral fence when the last of my old horses died off a few years ago. They come in flat 16ft sections and the wire is so thick that they need very little support, just two heavy duty posts to lean against. I just use some thin wire holding the panel to the post to keep it from falling over. The posts are set in a few feet from the ends of the bed frame. I'm guessing the panels may be around $30 each, but I'm not sure of current prices. A farm supply like L&M Fleet Farm store would be where you would have to go. I have not noticed much frost heave, but at only 2 posts per bed you could easily straighten them in the spring. I made my raised beds before I used the panels, or I might have expanded the beds to 16' long to match the panels, which are a pain to cut. I do take the fence down, as I rotate to corn the next year, but I am slowly accumulating enough posts to leave them in place and just unwire the panel itself and move it.
ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote