View Single Post
Old June 30, 2008   #7
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Dipel huh? Consider it done!! I have zero tolerance for critters who munch on my Anna Russian!!
I can't imagine what they have eaten over the last week.

Carolyn, I'm aware about the wasp eggs. Thanks. Funny thing that off all the ones we caught, NONE had the eggs.

Tomaddict, you mention they feed at night. In my experience with them, they seem to come out as the days heat up. Stating first thing in the morning, the garden is going to be checked EVERY time I go out there. I'm sure there is more out there and they're laughing at me.

This is my first time seeing them on my peppers and eggplant. Didn't touch the Bells or real hot ones though, just the Hungarian Hot Wax. 2 plants with a good amount of damage. Hmmm.

Carolyn, I know you used to grow quite a large number of plants back in the day. How did you combat them? Did you spray or dust before you saw them as a preventative or wait until you saw damage and/or the worm?
I guess that question can be directed at anyone with large numbers of plants.
So I got the camouflage ready and will use Dipel ( I want to see the stomach blow up), rock, shoe, neighbor and any other means to get rid of them A.S.A.P.

One more thing, I have had a few in the past but not like this, How long will these things be around? Can I expect them all summer?

Thanks guys, now be very very quiet, I'm hunting Hornworms...

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote