View Single Post
Old July 14, 2008   #1
kelleyville
Tomatovillian™

Default Giant Diva Plant?

I got the recomendation on here from someone about growing Diva Cucumbers last year and ordered Diva, Cool Breezes, and Sweet Success from Jungs. The sweet success seems like a normal size vine, but no one warned me that one Diva would be so out of control. I will plant it again but next time I know to give it four feet on either side!

This one plant has grown up and out and over and is now hanging off two shepards hooks besides the lattice, gone over the lattice and is running on the ground under the carport, and is moving forward on the ground as well hehehe!

Is this normal for Diva or do I just have one monster plant? this is not planted in anything special, in fact it was started in peat in a concrete block hole! I think the only fertilizer i managed in this one was watering with alfalfa tea and maybe it got foliar fed twice with compost tea....too big now to even try to get it all fed foliarly!

The farthest vine to the left is Sweet Success, to the right green beans, Sweet Success and the one clump of beans are similar in size, the monster in the middle is Diva!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 031.jpg (833.3 KB, 34 views)
kelleyville is offline   Reply With Quote