Thread: mini earthboxes
View Single Post
Old July 24, 2008   #2
Barryblushes
Tomatovillian™

Default how I made those mini Earthboxes

Sorry,I forgot to add the processing pictures.Pic one is all you'll need besides the potting soil.Pic two,I use six pieces of PVC tubes about four or five inches long for the tubes.One long piece is the feeding tube.Pic 3, cut 45 degree angle on the feeder tube.Pic 4, these are the wicking tubes with holes drilled throughout them.Pic 5, is the two types of screen I use.Basically rabbit wire and screen material.Pic 6, is how the rabbit wire looks inside container.Measure to the inside of the container for the rabbit wire,and line up where the feeder tube is going and cut out a hole to slide it through.Then place screen over the rabbit wire,cutting slats in the screen where the feeder tube is going.Pic 7 is the wicking tubes filled with wet planting mix.I put these in before the screen and wire.Then line up the feeder tube to where the hole cut out is.Before you put in the wire drill a small hole for overflow as in Pic 8.Once all in place and feeder tube lined up,put in your desired potting mix,wet.The screen should keep the soil from going into your water area.Then fill with water until the water comes out the overflow hole.Youre set to plant now. Ive only used small tomato plants like Coyote and Lime Green Salad.Im also trying a mini Eggplant in another.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 1.jpg (511.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg pic 2.jpg (381.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg pic 3.jpg (246.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg pic 4.jpg (225.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg pic 5.jpg (507.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg pic 6.jpg (268.9 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg pic 7.jpg (224.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg pic 8.jpg (151.5 KB, 87 views)
Barryblushes is offline   Reply With Quote