View Single Post
Old July 26, 2008   #22
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Svalli, thanks for the tip on harvesting some potatoes a little early. In my case this year, I'm skeptical about getting a big harvest because I'm using grow bags, so I'll most likely wait until mid-September before harvesting. But then again, harvesting one of the bags a week or two earlier may end up being a temptation I can't resist.

Tom, I googled once to find your forum on growing potatoes. I enjoyed it but couldn't register probably because I have a dial-up connection and an old webtv box. One of these days I'll be back over there reading the posts at least.

The only questions I have at this point are ones I can probably find by googling the info. What I'm wondering is at what point can the top vegetation be removed? I know now would not be a good time, but I can't imagine it's far off. For the most part the vegetation is looking pretty sad. Definitely getting ready to die off.

Also am wondering if it's necessary to use certain types of bags to store potatoes in. Is it advantageous to have holes like the netting types potatoes at the stores come in?

Thanks, Jeff
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote