View Single Post
Old November 20, 2008   #8
bigbubbacain
Tomatovillian™

ReaverG,

I wouldn't know where to begin! I know nothing about grafting, but I'd sure like to know more. I daydream about growing rootstock of "MaxFort" ever since I saw the seeds for it in Johnny's Seed catalog. I'd love to graft it to Golden Ponderosa. It's my very favorite, yet it falls prey to every soilborne disease in my USDA zone.

I sorta thought grafting was a "cut & dried" issue. I wouldn't know where or how to make Aeroponics work for it, but I'm open to suggestions. From what I've seen so far, aeroponics tends to be of the greatest advantage in the situations which allow the propagation site to be bare and exposed. Grafting usually involves fitting the root stock host to the desired species as the outcome. Matching up the "pieces of a puzzle", so to speak. Let's brainstorm on this. You apparently know more about grafting than I do. If you think there's any way we can use this aeroponic fog concept to help the grafts take hold, I'm open to suggestion. I have felt for a long time now that if I could ever master grafting, everything else would be all down hill.
bigbubbacain is offline   Reply With Quote