View Single Post
Old November 25, 2008   #5
Ruth_10
Tomatovillian™

Bark, now that you mention sweet potatoes, that's something I want to grow next summer. I planted one hill this year, late, and it was just a chunk of store-bought sweet potato I planted. I only got a couple of small tubers, but I got a chance to see what the plants are like and got a better idea of how much space to allow for them. (I had a sweet potato for lunch today--some salt and pepper and a dab of butter, half-and-half, and maple syrup. Delicious.)

Keith, I planted Uncle Steve's Italian Pole bean for the first time last summer and they were great. They will definitely be back next summer. In looking back at an earlier thread, Fusion mentions that he grew the seed for Sandhill and that he culled out what looked like crossed beans (seed). Do you know (or if Fusion reads this) what those crossed beans looked like? I am wondering if the purplish ones I saw were the crossed seed he saw.

Some say the glass half-full. Others say the glass is half-empty. To an engineer, it’s twice as big as it needs to be.
Ruth_10 is offline   Reply With Quote