View Single Post
Old November 25, 2008   #8
feralcatfriend
Tomatovillian™

Duane,

Speaking of Brad Gates, I love that guy! I bought Berkeley Tie Dye seeds from him in January and he sent a sample of Black and Brown Boar along with the BTD. OMG! I loved Black and Brown Boar so much! What a wonderful, rich flavor! It's green and red speckled like Berkeley Tie Dye, but smaller, maybe two inches or so across.

I planted really late so I didn't get many BTDs to rave about, but I gave a friend who works at my favorite nursery one of my Berkeley Tie Dye plants this year and it got planted on time for our area so he had a respectable yield. One of the nursery owners has been very stubborn about preferring hybrids over heirlooms and is repulsed by tomatoes that are not red or pink. But he tried one of the Berkeley Tie Dye tomatoes and pronounced it the best tomato he'd ever had in his life! He's decided to carry more heirloom tomato plants next year! Thank you, Brad!

So--you could do worse than be another Brad Gates!

(For those who don't know--Brad Gates of Wild Boar Farms developed Berkeley Tie Dye, Black and Brown Boar and several other varieties of OP tomatoes.)

And yes, I'm in marketing! Thank you!

Cynthia
feralcatfriend is offline   Reply With Quote