View Single Post
Old January 11, 2009   #14
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

One more thing:
When did Rugose move from being a leaf form to being a plant form? which leads to...

It moved from being a leaf form to a plant form when Glenn added that for the 2009 Catalog and I didn't see it until today. At first I was skimming thru the varieties looking for a variety named Rugose b'c of what you wrote above.

I think Glenn was thinking of some way to describe what some of us would consider dwarf varieties, but many he lists are also noted as having rugose leaves. And of course dwarfs come in both RL and PL foliages as well.

Why are the tomato characterizations that the USDA spent/enlisted so many resources developing just a few years ago not being more universally adopted, if only for consistency's sake?

Jennifer, I'm sorry but I really don't know what you're referring to in the above paragraph. I think what the USDA wants to adopt, whatever it is, would pertain to the PC-Grin listings. I don't think that our Federal Government is asking/suggesting/demanding that ALL private seed companies conform to what they might want to conform to themselves.