View Single Post
Old April 26, 2006   #5
Delora
Tomatovillian™

Default Re: woops there it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by matermama
Hello
i m new , i must say today i put my maters out to harden off for about 15 min and i forgot all about them!!!!! uuhhgg
Finaly got them after about 4 hrs yikes a cold wind blew in . all the leaves were shriveled up and droopy.
I was sooo bumbed i cried
But i managed to get them to were they might survive.
Sometimes hearing other peoples tradgetys make us feel better a an not so dumb
matermama
I had a hardening off disaster this year as well. We had a warm stretch at the beginning of April, I I'd let my babies go outside and play in the sun for a few hours. At night, I'd tuck them under their lights for a few hours before I turned that off when they needed to go to sleep. Finally after a week or so, the bigger kids were allowed to have a slumber party on the screen porch! I moved them in and out a few nights, and everything was fine. Then one rainy Sat, mommy and daddy went to a wedding for some friends, and the kids were forgotten on the porch (they'd been out there for several nights before, so it should have been fine). Mommy remembered about them Sun morning, but it was too late. Everyone was limp and droopy.

I ended up losing about 1/3 of my plants. I think it must have been a combonation of wind and cold that took its toll (those cold april showers did me in 2yrs ago also!). It's been a couple weeks now and I had a few bounce back OK, and another couple that are still trying to struggle. I lost 2/4 of my Sophie's Choice (which ironically were my best plants). Everything else I had extras of, so that wasn't too bad.

-Delora
Delora is offline   Reply With Quote