View Single Post
Old January 12, 2009   #18
Woodchuck
Tomatovillian™

I think it's a shame that descriptions are compromised in favor of basic information that could easily be abbreviated by simple codes and such.

I deeply appreciate the work of Glenn and Linda, they've received the greater part of my seasonal seed order for the past few years...but there's always room for improvement.....better descriptions....and even pics online, at the very least, would benefit us all!

As stated...I order as much as possible from Glenn and Linda....secondly...from Victory....thirdly from Tomato Growers Supply.....Johnny's next...then Fedco.......then I'll suffer to order from others.......I'll only order from Baker Creek when it's impossible to find a variety somewhere else......they've got the most un-professional catalog in the industry...it's a painful read!!!!

Anyway...I suspect that much of what we're seeing in the poorly laid out catalogs is a symptom of the computer age....now...anyone can piece together a catalog...it's too bad...there are many previously well known fairly simple design techniques that would make most seed catalogs much more beneficial to everyone involved!!!!

I'm speaking from years of experience in newspaper layout.

<Woodchuck>
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote