View Single Post
Old January 14, 2009   #1
Dukerdawg
Growing for Market Moderator

Default Could hardly sleep I'm so geeked!

Got an email back from a couple who own a farm 30 miles from me. I found them on the internet. They rent garden areas as well as chicken coops and you can buy the chickens and supplies from them. They take care of the birds and you just come out and pick up the eggs and visit 'your birds' anytime you want.

That isn't the most exciting part though. I mentioned I had over a hundred variety of heirloom seeds and they are interested in me sharing whatever I would like and starting some as early as Feb.5 in their greenhouses. They usually grow 300 plants for their farmstand and have 3-4 heirloom varieties. I hope to help expand that amount, get my hands dirty and work in their greenhouses growing some early plants. No talk of money but they said they would work something out, whether it be a trade of some land for the help and seeds or whatever. I'm not in it this year for the money. The experience and helping a small farm expand their heirloom section would be payment enough.

What do y'all think? I figure I have about 4,000 tomato seeds and if I grow 100 a year at my house and continually accumulate more why not get these buggers going and into production?

Duane