View Single Post
Old January 24, 2009   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Ted, I said in the original Chapman thread that I was going to contact those folks but then was made aware that Bill had done so.

I still am not sure that I sent seeds for Chapman to Linda at TGS but I know I did send them to Glenn at Sandhill.

I felt a bit conflicted seeing Robert Richardson referred to as a "dude" since he was a British expat and a wonderful man as was his wife and daughter and interacted with many in the US and many in other countries re seeds, and was highly respected by all and was always so generous with his seeds.

The blog that's being referred to as I see it, was the one that was posted in the original Chapman thread here at Tville , unless someone lifted that and posted it elsewhere.

And I don't like being referred to as the "august" Dr. Carolyn Male when I've signed every post since I started posting in 1990 as Carolyn.

Of course I don't know what Bill wrote to them. And of course Bill can read here at Tville like anyone else since the gates were lifted to all a few weeks ago, as you know.

It's always nice to be able to fill in the history on any variety as the information that was posted here in the original thread indicated and added to by Bill's enquiry.

Since it was first listed as Chapman since Robert received it as Chapman and I received it from him as Chapman, and all others have listed it as Chapman in the Yearbooks as well as at seed sites, and not Chapman's Beefsteak, I'll continue to refer to it as Chapman, knowing it has a beefsteak shape.

What's new to me is the comment that seeds were given directly to Robert Richardson since the original blog/post said they were given to an "SSE" member. I was also a bit surprised that it was said the seeds were given to Richard in the mid-80's b'c knowing him he grew out everything new each year and he didn't list Chapman until 1994 when we co-listed it, my having gotten the seeds from him in 1993 as I also noted in the original Chapman thread.

Sometimes it's a good thing to have the older SSE Yearbooks for reference.

Whatever.

Ted, it just occurred to me that maybe you didn't see the original thread about Chapman in the Discussion Forum, not here in the Legacy Forum, so for anyone interested here's the original Chapman thread:

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=10158