View Single Post
Old February 4, 2009   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default Planning MAGTAG 2009

It's not to early to begin thinking about this year's Mid-Atlantic Gardeners' Tomato Appreciation Gathering, or MAGTAG.

The bad news is, I was diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer in December and will be undergoing chemo and radiation for most of the seed-starting and growing season. The good news is that I've recruited some friends to help me till and compost my veggie garden; and in anticipation of MAGTAG, I've ordered plants of some unusual (at least for me) varieties, if I don't feel up to starting seeds under lights. I don't see any reason why I can't handle organizing the tomato festival (with a little help, of course) - after three successful tries, this shouldn't be difficult!

So, let's start thinking about a date - last year we held it earlier in August, thinking that we would have a normal growing season, but everything was late.

And please post the varieties you're planning to grow this year. I tried to choose some unusual ones, although the selection of plants (as opposed to seeds) is limited. Depending on how wiped out I feel from my treatments, I may grow from seed as well.

Hopefully, by August, I'll have both tomatoes and hair!