View Single Post
Old February 12, 2009   #4
rellis
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post
I'm not going to be of much help as I normally dislike eggplant. [Shock! Horror! Dismay!] But I do notice that both of your selections, Fengyuan Purple & Pingtung, were developed in Taiwan, where I spent many years. My wife and son love, love, love Taiwan's eggplant. My wife says Ichiban is okay, but not as good as eggplant grown in Taiwan.
Michael:
You should try slicing an Asian eggplant like a yellow summer squash or zucchini, then batter it up and fry.

I've yet to try something fried that I didn't like. I'm beginning to believe that if a person batter and fried a shoe most people would eat it and ask for seconds!

Does your wife remember the names of the eggplants she tried in Taiwan?

Bye & Happy Chinese New Year to You also!
mdvpc:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvpc View Post
I have grown Pintung Long for several years-great eggplant, produces like crazy and tastes wonderful! Anything else I can tell you? I will grow it this year, along with applegreen and black beauty and a couple others.
Michael:
Have you grown other Asian eggplant. What types? And, how would you rate it compared to them. I have limited space and I need to decide (based on taste, tenderness & productivity) which two varieties to plant this year.
rellis is offline   Reply With Quote