View Single Post
Old March 7, 2009   #34
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

I started this thread because Ted had e-mailed me concerning poor germination of seeds I had sent him. I then took it upon myself to check the viability of my seed which I did and my results did not match Teds. After my findings I started this thread one,to let people know that germination testing may be needed to be done more often on the seeds we trade or give away. And two, let Ted Know what I had done and maybe we have another problem going on out there. This is where Ted did some excellent detective work and the rest is history. Now we are finding out this is NOT an isolated incident and we may have to change the way we do business as far as packaging our seeds for shipment.
And Carolyn, you lost me about half way through your last post. And nobody was saying you were sending seeds that were already crushed and if you can tell by just eyeballing them that they are crushed or cracked I want the name of your Optometrist. And as I said before people who have had problems in the past were blowing off the germination problem until now, when we made it public there was a problem. And THAT was the intent of this thread. Not to point fingers and NONE have been pointed. Ami