View Single Post
Old March 7, 2009   #36
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

Ted,

I haven't seen any germination yet, but that could be because of my very poor eyesight. I almost blinded myself a couple of years ago when I got some garden lime in my eyes while sprinkling it around in the garden one day. Something to think about on a windy day!
It had caused a bad infection in both eyes. My vision was very low for 2 months that year. - I'll have my eagle-eyed daughter look at them when she comes back from her trip on Sunday afternoon.

Sometimes she helps me by making "match book" seeds to help me choose a certain amount of lettuce seed, and all those smaller seeds. She can see the things I can no longer see with my script glasses. I admit, I asked for her help to plant the TPS without the use of any "match book" help, as I didn't know if the TPS would work that way.

They were planted in a plastic force-flex bag with all the goodies I thought they needed. I even have some fall leaves in there from my "Spring Clean Up" and this past Fall, although the soil on top and underneath them is the sterile "Sphagnum Moss" bought locally.

~* Robin