View Single Post
Old March 27, 2009   #16
the999bbq
Tomatovillian™

the video is almost how I do it, but still a few remarks (for the sake of improvement only, but that is only my opinion...) :
prologue : he's very agile, making two cuts with one cutting motion.
first : he has 'the gap', if you let the paper 'stick out' a little bit more over the edge, you close the gap (you don't need the gap).
second : I tend to use the open sides of the cylinder to make the fold, your 'crease' is better, and more material is 'in' the bottom of the pot making it more stable.
third : I could try the fold on top, not really necessary and my version would be a little bit wider, I can imagine how you unfold this fold when you put your hand in and out the pot filling it up.

if by now you're still buying pots, we give up ;-)

and thanks for that ink demythification ami ;-) But even when you have newspapers from the 1800's that you want to make pots from : anyone who has refilled printer cartridges knows how little vaporised ink you need to make quite a mess so you're probably bringing more heavy metals to your garden on the base of your shoes than through those newspapers. A zillion airplanes come over our houses each day polluting our gardens, ... not buying new pots is the best thing you can do... and 'you can do it'.

Peter
the999bbq is offline   Reply With Quote