Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2009   #7
imp
Tomatovillian™

Thank you.

I am so tempted by so many potatoes being discussed and not able to find them! There's the Irish Cobbler, the Lumper, the Belle de Fontenay and more- but they all sound so much better than the typical potatoes we can buy here in the stores. If anyone has some sources they care to share for buying any of the above, or even other potato, please do let me know!

We're growing some potatoes for the first time ever here ( and for me too)- Kerr's Pink, Maris Piper, Banana fingerlings. I'm excited about the end results, of course, but I'm surprised at how pretty the plants are so far.

It's good they are pretty, as I dug up the front yard. We have large pecans in the back yard area and very small areas to grow in, so I try to use all we can. I'll put a few more potatoes in yet this year, in another raised bed, and tomatoes out front, too.

I was curious- a few things do well near the pecans- squash family and beans- but does anyone know if sweet potatoes will be okay with the pecans or do they also need to go in the front?
imp is offline   Reply With Quote