View Single Post
Old July 13, 2009   #4
travis
Tomatovillian™

Hass, the originator of Purple Haze once crossed (I can't remember exactly right now) either Green Zebra x Black Cherry or Green Grape x Black Cherry and got what he described as a spitter.

He also finds Green Doctors to have an objectionable taste which may indicate his inherent dislike of certain tomato flavors. Whatever.

I found Green Doctors to have a particularly distinct flavor that kind of hit you in the face but wasn't awful really. In fact, I think it would make good green salsa in combination with onion, garlic, cilantro and lime juice.

When you say "a brown and green cherry," do you mean a cherry tomato that would appear a brownish hue with actual greenish stripes? If so, why not cross Brown and Black Boar with Black Cherry and see what you might come up with as you grew out the subsequent generations.

Also, I would think Green Zebra x Chocolate Cherry might give you a muddy brownish cherry tomato with green stripes somewhere down the line as you grew it out. No promises as to flavor!
travis is offline   Reply With Quote