View Single Post
Old May 25, 2006   #5
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

yes! i wish we were closer. not for the tomato plants because i truly enjoy growing them myself, but when it comes to peppers and eggplant, well you are THE man! also, i could also go to the tomato tasting and sample as many tomato varieties in 1 weekend that would take me decades to grow myself. oh well...

no i never have looked at the eggplant portion of your website, why do you ask? i'm sure the address is at tville but a quick look at the forums and the eggplant forum topics did not indicate the address. would you mind posting it?

as to flavor, are you are saying all eggplants have a similiar flavor? unless you eat a plain grilled eggplant using them in dishes does not alllow you to really notice taste differences. but, and this part i do know, because they absorb flavors from whatever you cook them with they add great flavor, depth and texture to those dishes. that has been my experience. no matter what i mix eggplant with, i like what it does for that dish. as a vegetarian, eggplant is truly a 'meaty' experience.

tom
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote