View Single Post
Old November 1, 2009   #23
Salty_Dog
Tomatovillian™

Firstly, thank you for being so prompt and helpful.

(Salty runs to the Trash can on the street to remove a empty Potting Mix bag)

Ok, the bag is very limited for info (i did just buy it because it was cheaper and i needed lots of them, it was from a budget supermarket chain as a loss leader)

The only detailed info i can gain is from the "Hazadous" warning, as follows;
This product is made from organic materials, including composted pinebark, and contains living micro-organisms, including bacteria, fungi, and protenzoa. May also contain mineral and fertilliser additives.

Sorry, i know you are looking for a proper Mix make up, but its not printed on the package.

Yes when building up the mix during installation i had pre-wet it all in a wheel barrow, but perhaps it could of been wetter.

I can snap you a photo of the mix, although after surface watering last night (11 hours ago) it will still be damp.
BTW, plants are looking better this morning after the surface water.

Another point that might be worth mentioning, before i installed the cages last night, all the lower leaves were lieing on the surface of the black plastic, sometimes in a little pool of water, but looked in poor condition because of the contact.
I have now lifted them and hung them out of the cage so nothing is in contact with the plastic.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to look at my problem and offer help
Salty_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote