View Single Post
Old January 2, 2010   #4
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Jimmy Williams Goose Creek has been a highly debated tomato variety and I think there may even be a thread or two here about it...
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...creek#post2111

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...ht=goose+creek

One dubious website in particular continues to falsely state that the O.P. tomato variety Goose Creek is patented, i.e. PVP. (see thumbnail image at the bottom of this post)

It isn't, and never has been patented for the reason Carolyn gave above. There are a few less-than-honest people out there trying to promote false pedigrees/histories to create hype over particular tomato varieties. They selfishly do this to increase their sales of plants and seeds to uninformed tomato growers.

As an example, this is a word-for-word quote I copied from an online gardening blog:
Quote:
This tomato was the most expensive one I bought this year, but I just had to have it. Put the word ‘rare’ in the description of any plant and my wallet is in my hand and I am handing out my credit card info.

On top of that, this is a tomato with history and adventure. Who wouldn’t want a tomato that has been smuggled by slaves and handed down from parent to child for generations?
You are now informed.

p.s. One single plant will cost you $7.95 plus shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg false_info.jpg (233.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: gif LOL.gif (69.4 KB, 83 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf goosecreek.pdf (43.0 KB, 39 views)

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote