View Single Post
Old February 19, 2010   #4
stormymater
Tomatovillian™

If you have been a baker, use your new bread machine to process the dough (dough settings) & then shape & bake the dough in your oven. Better shape usually than the bread machine. Add the ingredients in the order your bread machine manual recommends. Mine takes dry first & then wet.

I love this recipe that uses the technique I described -

Nut, Seed & Fiber Bread

2 loaves
Ingredients Directions
  1. Follow directions of your bread machine for order to add wet & dry.
  2. Mix first five ingredients (the dry) in a large bowl & then put in the bread machine (mine loads dry first).
  3. Mix next three ingredients (the wet) & add to bread machine.
  4. Load the yeast (my machine has a dropdown for yeast - if yours does not, simply mix yeast in with the dry ingredients).
  5. Process on "dough, raisin" & add last four ingredients when the bell sounds (if no "raisin" option add these ingredients halfway through last mixing in your machine.
  6. ***may be made by hand using same ingredients, kneading to a nice elasticity, allowing to rise warm & cover for 90 minutes, then kneading an additional 10 minutes, then proceding as below.******.
  7. Divide dough into 2 portions, slash tops several times with a razor-sharp knife. Allow to rise 30 minutes. I like to brush the tops with heavy cream before making the sllashes - entirely up to you.
  8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 35 - 40 minutes - until clean knife inserted to center comes out clean & they sound hollow when tapped on bottom.

Last edited by stormymater; February 19, 2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: cut & paste not so good
stormymater is offline   Reply With Quote