View Single Post
Old September 5, 2010   #41
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Very good info to know. Thanks for sharing your knowledge Dice and RTT. Also, thanks to the 3 TV'ers here who sent me PM's 6 days ago that I just noticed today as I had been away from the site for the past week. I'll have to work with Firefox to see how that works. I did download it but can't remember why I didn't actually use it. Must have required some further setting up by me and didn't have the time at that moment.

Regarding my garden, not much to report today. Taking a few things off the plants here and there but certainly not an overbundance of produce. Peppers and tomatoes especially. Black Cherry has tasted exceptionally good this year.

Have to believe the 'Not Emma Pink' is indeed a cross, as the taste in nowhere near as good as last year. Same color and shape, although slightly smaller. The one I've picked so far was 6 ounces. Taste was very very mild - not much taste at all. Will plant out next year to see if the F3 taste better. This plant has been one of the two most vigorous for me regarding plant growth. The hybrid Pink Girl is the other good sized plant. They both have a few tomatoes at various stages of growth on them presently.

Looks like I will get a 'real' Emma Pink off the one plant I have left (from the seeds Patty sent to compare against the believed cross). Will be very curious to see how it compares in color and taste. It's still a week or two away probably from starting to show it's true color(s).

No squash this year, and cucumber vines have stopped producing.

Troyka still producing well. Have to be careful when I pull these off that the branch doesn't break off. Accidently broke one off with 4 green peppers on it. Tasted good on my pizza pie I must say.

Happier with the garden this year compared to last, but must do better next year!

Jeff
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote