View Single Post
Old January 18, 2011   #14
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default Reply

This year I plan to do several different things. Unfortunately I can not control mother nature. I am already behind on planting seeds. I am planting in a few moments. This year I have bought my normal burpee seed starting kit. Always pulls out good results, but I did get one this year that helps control watering. My number one problem during seedling and full grown plant is not enough control over water. I have sand soil and can not do much about that. I live in Texas and can't control heat. I have been doing the hole method past three years. This year the hole will be bigger and will have peat, pearlite, composted manure and a secret blend of nutrient rich ingredients (actually what ever I have on hand). It is usually a secret to me until I plant out. This year I am getting hay (can never find straw here for some reason) to help preserve moisture in soil. I really want to go to cages but money is limited so doubt that. Mainly I am enlising help from family to maintain and weed. If they want tomatoes, salsa, tomato sauce, they will help with the growing.
Kat
newatthiskat is offline   Reply With Quote