View Single Post
Old March 30, 2011   #83
kpatrick925
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
kpatrick,

You can get the Dolomite Lime at all Home Depot stores. It comes in 5 pound bags, made by Espoma (sitting next to the Citrus-tone fertilizer). $3.97 per bag.

Question: What are you planning for the 2 inch mesh? For tomatoes, you would want to use the 7 inch mesh as shown in the Guide.

Each package of Gurneys pea fence makes the base cage as well as the second extension cage for one EarthTainer.

Raybo
Thanks Raybo, I am planning on using the mesh for cucumbers and tomatoes. I guess I stopped at the first reference for the cucumbers where it indicates 2 inch. Didn't see the 7 inch for tomatoes, thanks for the clarification. So I guess I need both. Would they have it at Lowes or Home Depot? And can you direct me to the correct department? I asked when I was in over the weekend and those I spoke to looked at me like I was odd. Ok, that happens anyway but..... I did find some lime that is in pebble form at HD but wasn't sure if that was ok. I thought I heard reference to crushed? Not sure. I have read so much on this site I might be confusing it. Thanks so much for your help. I am really excited to see how the earthtainers do. Just having a hard time deciding how much of what to plant and already wanting to increase the number of earthtainers I make but trying to get the ones I have the material for built before I expand.
kpatrick925 is offline   Reply With Quote