View Single Post
Old April 20, 2011   #9
tam91
Tomatovillian™

Thank you so much for all the help. I did review the other CRUD threads that you posted in, and saw a photo that looks like my plants.

I will double check, but I believe that every heart plant is affected, and one or two Brandywine Suddeth's that were right next to them (touching). All the other varieties, and most of the Suddeth's are ok. Oh just remembered, one red pear. He was touching them also.

I moved them to a lower shelf, so that they won't touch the other plants, nor drip on them. Hopefully that will be good enough.

This is a brand new greenhouse, so it's never had anything grown in it before. There was no sign of any problem at all while the plants were inside. They've been outside the part time since the 10th, and full-time since the 15th, and suddenly the trouble started just yesterday that I noticed. It is cooler - as the weather has been so gloomy and cold here, while my heater keeps the greenhouse reasonably warm - 50 at night I think, it doesn't make it really toasty without any sun. So perhaps that's related.

The only plants that have had any difficulty before this, is the ones I mentioned in my thread "teeny tiny seedlings". Those seemed to have a similar problem in the very beginning, in the seedling tray. Three germinated, one got crispy and died very quickly. The other two just stayed tiny. I isolated them from physical contact with any others from the beginning. I actually still have those two, but they never grew. They're about 1" or 1 1/2" tall, while all my others are about 6". They have a little crisping around the edges. But they stayed inside, and never went near the greenhouse and did not have any physical contact with the other tomato plants.
tam91 is offline   Reply With Quote