View Single Post
Old April 25, 2011   #18
Aphid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
What do they use for their moisture control in the Miracle Grow? The reason I ask is down here where it is so hot I use water retaining crystals in my mix for containers and since using it my plants have done much better. I even apply some each season to my raised beds. Since using it I have had far less splitting of tomatoes after heavy rains and it has cut my watering by about one third. Before using the crystals my plants in containers never lived very long and were always unhealthy looking. It is very hard to get out and water containers twice a day during the really hot summer months. That is why I have soaker hoses in my raised beds with water crystals and heavy mulch. Heck if it wasn't for fusarium wilt, early and late blight, TSWV, other leaf spots, aphids, white flies, spider mites, hornworms, stink bugs, hail, high winds, high humidity, flooding rains and droughts it would be really easy to grow tomatoes here.
lol welcome to my word B54red !I had to move out of my beds because I could grow huge plants bursting with tomatoes ..... than they die.
Talk about heartbreak
Aphid is offline   Reply With Quote