View Single Post
Old May 16, 2011   #10
t-ham
Tomatovillian™

Default tuk50,

Thanks for the reply,

It's raining here right now and I'm running in and out between bursts to try and use my new STUFF. A pile of new scrounged material and a urge to MAKE something. Let it rain, I will not be denied!

I'm rigging some of the 8 footers into a trellis for a 18gal rubbermaid-type container that I'm going to try growing Kentucky Wonder beans in. All the dirt in my little back yard is spoken for so I'm starting to encroach on the patio areas. I set the canes pointed upwards and slightly outwards, sort of a rough vase shape so that light and air will be able to get into the middle once they get a bit taller. Some thinner cross struts to keep the shape. Time will tell.

The main reason I'm posting back is that I was wondering how much bamboo you grow. Just a few clumps or a larger scale and, subsequently, how much leaf matter are you dealing with. Are they just a portion of your compost material or a major chunk. Basically I was wondering if a mostly bamboo leaf(as opposed to other veg matter, I understand you would still need the other components) compost is viable/feasible.

Thanks,

Tom
t-ham is offline   Reply With Quote