View Single Post
Old August 21, 2011   #24
Linda10
Tomatovillian™

Well, this was a dismal year for me, but here is what little information I have. My first problem was that I only had space for 1 gallon plants, second was the weather taking much longer than usual to warm up, third was too much time taken away due to medical issues.

Amethyst 08-27 (F4):
2 plants. Both plants turned from green to a deep black-purple, as dark as Royal Purple, then to red blocky bells

Amethyst 09-28 (F5):
2 plants. Both plants started out pale yellow and blocky bell shape, turning deep lavender; Plant 1 changed almost overnight but plant 2 took a little longer. Final color was red

Royal Purple 10-47 (F5): 3 plants, but only #1 is has set fruit. Started out as a blocky pale green then to a very black purple and finally a deep burgundy red.

Fire Opal 10-50 (F5):
3 plants, 2 have set fruit. Plant #1 started out a light yellow-green to lavender/gold to a gold and ochre color . Plant #2 started out a medium green to lavender to the same combination of gold and ochre.Strange color could be due to cold weather at final stage.

Fire Opal 10-40 (F5) or F6:
4 plants, all have set fruit. All started a pale yellow-green then lavender and finally a gold/bronze. Not sure if these would have gone to red if plants hadn't dried out.

White Gold 09-33 (F5):
2 plants. Plant#1 started pale yellow-green, slender elongated turning to red. Really looked like a hot pepper to me from the start, but I didn't get a chance to taste these until they had dried out. OUCH, really hot! Stray seed? Crossed plant? I didn't grow any other peppers except for this project.

Plant#2 started as a medium yellow-green and then to deep yellow, slender bell.

White Gold 09-36 (F5):
1 plant. Set fruit May 18. Started out pale yellow and then to yellow.

Candy Corn 09-32 (F5):
2 plants. 1st of all the peppers to set fruit but STILL not changing color from the pale yellow that it has been for a while now. Pale yellow green wide elongated pepper turning to yellow. I am still hoping to that pretty color in your pictures, Craig.

Plant #2 never flowered.

Finally, I cut all these peppers back to new growth to see if I can get any more info for you. Several have new flowers but I don't know if the weather will hold up much longer.

So sorry that my results are probably not much help, but let me know if you want any of this seed. Have a few from all but Candy Corn.