View Single Post
Old August 31, 2011   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Sue, I went back and read the original thread and saw that one of your F1 plants was PL.

I also saw Linda's picture of her F1 fruits which were very small compared to what I got from my F1 plants, all of which gave the same size, color and shape fruits.

There was a lot of discussion about what size the Galina fruits should be and same for what size the Black Krim used was, and I can't answer either of those questions b'c I didn't do the cross.

What I do know is that small fruit size is dominant to large fruiit size so what Steve, who did the cross, and I both expected were F1 fruits that were larger than Galina and smaller than Black Krim. And that's what I got and in the original thread estimated that they were around 4 oz or so.

Then I also read that Travis, even in the original thread, said that he couldn't see how anything short, bushy and det could come out of that cross, which you got but I didn't.

So at this point I'm going to let you and Linda continue on with your results, and maybe even Raymondo had some results that he hasn't yet posted.

And I still have a boatload of those F2 seeds around somewhere, but the last time I planted some out was in the summer of 2000, but no sense waking them up b'c no room to do growouts of the large number of plantes needed to do that.