View Single Post
Old September 1, 2011   #24
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

ASFX2600-

I've really enjoyed and benefited from reading through your posts on this thread. I've just purchased a very expensive LED light and was trying develop a plan of action on how I might do something very similar to what you've done, albeit perhaps in a grow tent or out in my garage (no spare closets currently). I'm still trying to decide whether I should consider hydroponics or just stick with something like what you've done with the buckets. BTW, do you drain the bottom bucket or just let it set and slowly wick up? How are you determining your water schedule? What kind of holes/patter did you drill in the upper 5-gal bucket?

Please do continue to post your results on this experiment. I'd like to know how things finished up for you. Do the plants just slowly die or can you regenerate another cycle of blooms/fruit. I really like how you've chronicled so many of the details around humidity, temperature, solution density, RO water (was that really important?), etc. You must be an engineer (or should have been). In any case, looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks,
Naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote