Old September 6, 2011   #12
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0820 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coronabarb View Post
Hey Mark,

Do as you like...:-) Just don't post it here as a way to do canning. :-))) And heating up a jar of sauce doesn't guarantee the baddies are all killed. Carry on... <grin>
I do plan to carry on, and I didn't see anything in the rules that said I need your approval as to what I can and can't post. So how about you speak for yourself, and I will speak for myself.
Mark, your rudeness is unnecessary, and there was nothing whatsoever in coronabarb's post that warranted such a strong reaction.

In addition, coronabarb is the Forum Moderator for the Harvest Time subforums and is perfectly within her rights to make comments and suggestions in regard to possible food safety issues with recipes that are posted here on Tomatoville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischka
Barb is very vigilant regarding food safety and I'm glad she pointed out that this method for canning tomato juice isn't safe. However small any liability may be, I don't want anyone following a potentially unsafe canning procedure posted here to end up with food poisoning. Unfortunately, it's a litigious, lawsuit-happy world we live in and I don't need anyone suing me, either.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote