View Single Post
Old December 11, 2011   #10
tgplp
Tomatovillian™

Lookin' good Raybo! I haven't heard of Mano or Victorian Dwarf- any history on those varieties? I love how dark green and compact they look.

I think I better get some bigger pots for my indoor toms... so for two plants you use 14 gallon tubs, so each plant gets 7 gallons... I was planning on using pots that are 1-5 gallon pots, and even less than 1 gallon pots for Micro Tom and other super dwarfs. Last year I grew two Micro Toms in tiny nursery pots, and they did amazing with over a dozen fruit per plant, and they actually tasted alright. I wonder if they would have done even better with a larger pot... I don't really have a lot of room; I better give away tomato plants for christmas!!!

Your tinfoil trick is really helping my plants grow- I have five small tomato plants with tinfoil, and a bunch of seedlings with out tinfoil. It seems to me that the ones with tinfoil are growing almost twice as fast as the ones with out!!! They must like the extra light- it's sort of like using red mulch outside, I would assume.

By the way, what variety pepper is the flowering one? I'm thinking of trying to grow peppers this spring and summer.

Keep us updated,
Taryn
tgplp is offline   Reply With Quote