View Single Post
Old December 11, 2011   #55
JackE
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the data, Dice. Most of the metals listed for the 20-10-20 are printed on the bag as "trace elements," but some are not.

Whatever contamination I'm getting is most likely in my groundwater rather than the soil - as I have said, this coarse sand doesn't hold anything for very long. Since there has never been any heavy agriculture, except pine trees, or industry around here I have never worried about our well water, and have never had it tested. There is a fairly new, very large greenhouse operation 1-1/2 miles down the road, though. No telling what they are doing!

I am going to drop by our extension agent's office on Monday and ask her if we need to be worried about this. If there were a problem in our area, TX A&M would have informed her. We usually depend on A&M when it comes to any chemical safety issue - I don't think anybody knows more about this stuff than they do.

Thanks again - I really have enjoyed our dialog. A productive way to spend cold winter days. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours,

Jack

Last edited by JackE; December 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote