View Single Post
Old December 26, 2011   #11
bobberman
Tomatovillian™

I put up my third greenhouse. This one I put up this year turned out the best. I used 2 by 4's and flake boad with 6 mill plastic I made a A frame which is the strongest structure because its really a triangle on both ends! Its 12 by 16 and about 9 feet high in the center. The long wall facs the non day sun!
+++
There are many advantages to the A frame and here is one. The north side angled wall above the 6 foot heigth has a reflective material and I get 30% more light reflected because of the angle! I have about 500 gallons of water n 50 gallon drums and it has maintained plants with no additional heat even though the outside has been below 20!
+++
Draw on on a paper and see the advantage. I cost less than $400. Another avantage is snow slides off quick and watr can be collected by using a gutter into several barrels . The insulated north side keeps the heat in nicely! You have one main area to cover with plastic and its easy!. Double plastic is the ticket! Use a 6 mill outside and a 3 mill inside for best light penetration! I even made a 7 foot loft and covered t with plastic above my head! In the summer I use the lot for storage!

Last edited by bobberman; December 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Word spacing
bobberman is offline   Reply With Quote