View Single Post
Old January 26, 2012   #14
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Ami,
So for a soil drench, once you add the 1-2 Tbls of molasses to a gallon of water how many plants/pots would you be able to feed with this one gallon and what other liquid ferts are you adding at the same time?
In my raised bed at work I use a 10 Liter watering can and normally 1 can is good for 3 Plants. I add the molasses to either BioBizz BioGrow or GH Floratomato which I used for the first time last year with excellent results. Normally I will alternate my weekly feedings between BioBizz and Floratomato.
Plants in containers I can usually get 4-5 with 1 can. The easiest way to mix your molasses is to get a quart Jar and fill half way with water and put in a couple spoons of molasses. Stir to get most of the molasses off the spoon then put the lid on the jar and shake vigorously till the molasses is dissolved. Pour into your watering can or whatever, add your water and ferts if so desired and fill with water. I use a garden hose with a nozzle so I can agitate the mix real good when filling the can.

When I apply my Actinovate/Exel LG I use a 5 liter pressure sprayer (the kind you pump up) and do the same trick with premixing the molasses in a Jar but would normally use 1 tbls per gallon. The molasses feeds the plants and acts as a spreader sticker for the Actinovate/Exel.

Ami