View Single Post
Old January 26, 2012   #11
POAJoan
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the compliment, they're working out great. I use these to cover my winter crops, and they are only 14 inches high, plus my light fixtures are longer than each section and even if they did fit under them it would necessitate cutting holes in the bubble wrap on top which would eliminate our removing them during the day. Inside the forms it has been staying 14°warmer than the rest of the greenhouse. We live in Reno Nevada where we have sunshine or partial sunshine 315 days a year. So we take the covers off almost every day, the exception being if it is really cold and the wind is is gusting between 45 and 70. That cools the greenhouse quite a bit. In my hoophouse we have used low tunnels quite successfully, we just drilled into the top of the frame and used PVC across the beds and draped greenhouse film over them so that we could raise them to water the plants etc. It is not safe to use a drip irrigation system until the end of April because of freezes. Last year our last freeze was June 12. :-) Joan
POAJoan is offline   Reply With Quote