View Single Post
Old February 28, 2012   #29
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Ray, thanks for correcting me there. Yes, it's the Take Down spray I meant to reference.

Dice, I see a pink/light-magenta ting under sunlight. It's also apparent under fluorescent light, and in all cases, only from the backside of the leaves near the veins. The mites that I know are lurking around (at least I assume they are since they were in my worm-castings) seem to stay near the soil the one time I've seen them. They are big enough to make out with the naked eye, and they are dark/red-ish, so they would be easy (or easier) to see on the foliage. I've not seen any on the leaves in all my time yet. Perhaps, they hatch smaller versions of themselves that are not visible. In any case, I guess I'd better try an insecticide to be certain. I'm still not sure why it's only these four plants that are exhibiting this particular malady.

Linda, I'll keep an eye out for loss of hirsute qualities, though I seem to recall seeing a reasonable amount of fuzz on most stems. I'll compare the fried branches to their slightly healthier siblings.

Thanks,
Naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote