View Single Post
Old February 29, 2012   #9
flyingbrass
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydr View Post
I make little traps with it mixed with syrup or peanut butter for ants which works amazingly well.
So do I. It solved my ant problem last year. I've found it takes several weeks to work, but does a great job. The bait is also good for killing roaches. Boric acid powder is one of the few things that works decently on scorpions if they walk through it. I've heard people swear by it (and also Borax) for killing fleas and such inside. Overall, it's very useful stuff.

For ants, I used a combo of peanut butter and either pancake syrup or jelly. I figure that covers both protein and sugar loving ants. Be careful not to mix in too much boric acid. You want the ants to live long enough to take it home. To prevent pets from getting the mixture, I spooned dabs inside liter water bottles (left the caps off) and placed them where I had the most ants.

I think the powder is water soluble. If so, spraying might be easier and more even than broadcasting to bring up the soil levels. Just be sure to calculate the correct amount. Boron is needed only in small quantities, and too much is bad for many plants.
flyingbrass is offline   Reply With Quote