View Single Post
Old March 15, 2012   #38
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Steve,

Thanks for responding. I was watering from above with a turkey baster about once every three days. More recently (over the past week), I have used the bottom water method (as suggested by some folks in this thread). I fill a tray with water, set the pot in the tray with water, then wait for 5-min to allow the water to wick upwards into the grow media. It sounds like you prefer the top water method in an almost flush fashion. So, it's been about a week since I applied my bottom water method. I plan to water again tomorrow, most likely. The plants are getting close to dry again. Once a week watering is my goal, but I'll do it more/less often as the soil dictates. I also realize as the plants diverge in size I will have to water at different times.

What do you think causes the leaf necrosis, chlorophyll gaps, and apparent rotting that's depicted in pictures 1, 2, 3 and 10?

I'll try and take a look at the root-ball, but I doubt they've had a chance to reach the pot walls on most plants. I'll try to find one of the larger seedlings that's exhibiting problems.

Naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote