View Single Post
Old March 29, 2012   #34
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

For Mark and Julie

Téton de Venus Blanc

Mark, how can there be a white Teton de Venus when red is dominant to white, always. Where did this one come from and does it look like a heart with that distinctive acute curled tip, two fruits per stem, which gave rise to the name of the variety, as in, OK, I'll say it nicely, mountains of venus, which do come in twos when speaking of human anatomy.

On the Olirose and Plate, many of us found many errors in histories from Mandy's Garden and there's a thread here about that. She attempted to correct the ones some of us noted but I haven't been back to her website lately.

I don't think you can make corrections until and unless you, me, can find the thread here at Tville about those two varieties and you share with at least me, who got the originals from Norbert, what your seed sources were for the two varieties so we can try and make sense of it.

FOR JULIE

Julie, I think we'd better find some time to distinguish between the variety Josphine which a Tville member sent me, which is OP, and various spellings of Josphina and you had one in parens as an F1, I don't remember the spelling on that one. What was the source of your seeds for Josephina and do you know it's OP or is it a hybrid.

I only know about the OP variety Josephine but haven't looked around yet.

BTW, I am not from PA, rather from upstate NY, so know where PA is, ahem and have several froends who liove and grow tomatoes there. And that's not live to grow tomatoes, b'c living and growing tomatoes are two distinct issues, aren't they?