View Single Post
Old April 6, 2012   #4
Ricefarmer05
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltmarsh View Post
Hi Blake,

I've used Spectracide Immunox and it works as advertized. Great stuff, just follow label directions. It's approved for use on vegetables.

I haven't used their Plus product, but it looks like it isn't for garden use anyway. Claud
Thanks for the feedback!

I also noticed that the Immunox Plus is not advertised for use in the vegetable garden. The active fungicide incredient in the Plus Product (Myclobutanil) appears to be the same active fungicide as in their regular Immunox product which, as you noted, is approved for use on vegetables. This leads me to believe that the reason it is not advertised for use on vegetables is because of the active insecticide ingredient which is listed as Permethrin. I did some research on Permethrin, and it appears that both Texas A&M and Clemson have indicated that it can be safely applied as an insecticide for many vegetable, including tomatoes (just not on cherry tomatoes). As such, it seems like the plus product could potentially be used in the garden. I think I may try to get the opinions of my county extension agent and some folks at Texas A&M to see what they think...
Ricefarmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote