View Single Post
Old April 22, 2012   #1
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Default One of The Top Dogs in Fungicides and it's Not Cheap

You have heard me talk about Azoxystrobin before which I use to control Early Blight, Late Blight, Septoria Leaf Spot and others. The problem has been the non availability of it to the hobby growers in the US except for the commercial growers. Azoxystrobin is derived from mushrooms and can be applied up to the day of harvest.

I came across one product called "Heritage" which is 50% Azoxystrobin. It is a Systemic/Preventative that provides protection to the plants for up to 28 days. Application of the product is limited to no more than 4-8 applications per growing season.

The cost for 4 ounces is $149.00 which will make 30-60 gallons depending on the dilution used. The cost is steep but if you go into it as a group and split it up into 1 ounce portions then it is around $37.25 per ounce. So if you grow in area's that constantly get hammered with Blight or other disease every year it would probably be worth it. The only thing I would do is to query the manufacture as to the shelf life of the product. Ami

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/p...ent/fungicides