Thread: fusarium wilt
View Single Post
Old April 27, 2012   #70
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Did a careful walk through today to check for TSWV and so far so good; but the incidence of fusarium is increasing fast. The first untreated bed is showing signs in almost every plant with one to the point of wilting so much it needs to be pulled. The second plant to show signs is rapidly turning yellow from the bottom so it may or may not produce anything. I am seeing some in the treated beds also but at least I haven't had a single case of fusarium striking a plant down before it sets fruit so far. With these rapidly warming temps I will soon be in full replacement mode.

The last tomato bed I have will be planted this afternoon and it was treated two weeks ago so I came back and did another treatment today around 1:00 and so there will only be a few hours between treating and planting. I have plenty of young seedlings in cups so if this is too soon it won't be a total disaster.

I'm beginning to confirm that the treatment with the bleach solution is only a temporary delay in the onset of fusarium in my garden; but if the delay is long enough it will be well worth the trouble. This is the first year that I have had no plants killed by fusarium in the first month after setting them out so that is some improvement.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote