Thread: fusarium wilt
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2012   #71
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Out of the ten tomatoes in the first bed I planted that was untreated all but one have fusarium now. The one that doesn't have it is a replacement for a plant that died the week after setting out and I treated that spot before replanting. Now the race is on to see which ones will hang on long enough to make some decent fruit before the fusarium kills them.

The second planted bed that was untreated has about half the plants showing infection but none have died from it yet.

The third bed which was lightly treated is showing about 10% of the plants infected with one or two looking pretty bad so that is some improvement.

The fourth bed which was treated a bit heavier is only showing two plants out of 35 with fusarium so far; but they have only been in the ground for 3 weeks.

The last treated bed is still being planted since I lost a couple to the wind the other day and need to replace them today or tomorrow.

I think it is still way to early to tell what the final results will be and we are just getting into the time of the year when fusarium does the most damage among my tomatoes. It is also time for TSWV, Gray Mold, Early Blight, Bacterial Speck and Spot, and Septoria to get busy now that the heat and humidity have gotten high.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote